Just minutes from downtown Denver, Western Hills Health Care Center is located in scenic Lakewood, Colorado. Local shopping and attractions are all nearby, as well as lake and mountain activities in the surrounding area. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Travel and Visitor Bureau for Denver provides information on all of the events, hotels, restaurants and nightlife found in the Denver area.
- The Lakewood, Colorado, website provides information on local businesses, recreation, shopping and lodging, as well as restaurants and events.
- White Fence Farm is a petting zoo, cottage, gift shop and restaurant, as well as an event venue known as the Americana Barn. They are best known for their fried chicken and homemade fudge.
- The William F. Hayden Park on Green Mountain offers more than 2,400 acres of open space. Featuring a challenging network of multi-use trails and a summit of 6,800 feet, the park offers unique views of the Denver area to the east and the mountain peaks to the west.
- Bear Creek Lake Park is the largest park in Lakewood, with more than 2,600 acres offering foot, bike and horseback trails, as well as naturalist programs, a swimming beach, campground and marina.